From the Desk of:
I rarely write “editorial” for ASGi ONLiNE as our regular readers all know and yet I feel strongly that I’d like to add my efforts into voicing a rising concern of my own, and as well, this industry, in general.
Mis-information about artificial grass materials, their installation, their safety and their appropriate uses abounds. The only value it brings seems to be to the “news makers” that are selling subscriptions …
One of the reasons ASGi is dedicated to providing you with unbiased, well-researched information is to insure we provide you, our readers, with an accurate and balanced point of view of the facts and fantasy surrounding these great products.
Frankly, unless you invest in low quality materials, there should be no concerns regarding the job materials we use to construct professionally installed artificial grass projects any more than you should have concerns about using any other material for landscape projects. From almost any point of view, job materials used in construction have their Pros and Cons – mulch, chemicals, asphalt and concrete to natural lawns and the product used to care for them, keep them weed and pest free.
Artificial grass surface materials are getting “greener” as they mature – our industry is over 40 years old now!
With every improvement we see safer, more naturally looking options for those that can’t or don’t want to grow natural grass to enjoy the value of beautiful lawns, landscape and leisure sports amenities.
What is MOST important is that you get educated, research your options, hire licensed (if required) professionals to design and install your project and you select the most appealing option for your grass surfaces that will compliment your landscape and regional location.
In today’s market, you have options – download our Buyers Guide for help in planning your project and contact your local Better Business Bureau, ServiceMagic or Contractor’s Business Exchange to locate a qualified, professional in your area.
Go to the GETTING STARTED catagory on the upper left side bar for research and remember to go to the DOWNLOADS tab at the top of this page and get yourself some great information!
- Crumb Rubber Scares Few – Projects Forge Ahead To Spite “Mis-Information” Hiccups It never ceases to amaze me how many of us...
- Poison In The Grass: The Hazards And Consequences Of Lawn Pesticides Poison In The Grass: The Hazards And Consequences Of Lawn...
- Artificial Grass Market Potential Sacramento, CA – ASGi: (www.asgi.us) The US carpet industry goes...
- Artificial Grass Installation Association Opens Membership Drive! ASGi – The Association of Synthetic Grass Installers has officially...
- WATER SHORTAGES Force Landscapers to Lobby for More Water Water restrictions are severely impacting landscaping operations across the Southeast,...