News from Green Technology Magazine
Power to the People!
Berkeley’s Energy Financing District
The City of Berkeley has long defined the cutting edge on issues of climate protection and sustainability. As part of implementing a bold action plan, the city has created a ?sustainable energy financing district? to cover upfront costs for energy efficiency upgrades and solar power systems.
Read the story:
Envisioning a Green Future:
Thousands Attend Schools Summit
The largest green schools conference ever, the Green California Schools Summit & Exposition brought together thousands of attendees from all sectors of the education community, capturing the essence and spirit of California?s rapidly growing green schools movement.
Read the story:
Green Technology Interview
Berkeley Mayor Tom Bates
Tom Bates has a unique opportunity to address global climate change. A year ago voters overwhelmingly voted ?yes? on Measure G, giving him a mandate to devise a plan that would cut the city?s greenhouse gas emissions by 80 percent by the year 2050. Green Technology recently spoke with the Mayor about Measure G and the proposals being advanced to achieve the 2050 goal.
Read the story :
- Green Building Shows in the US – 2008 www.BuildingGreen.com January January 04 – June 28, 2008 – Kingston,...
- Synthetic Turf Voted as Solution By Water District Leadership Encinitas Mayor James Bond, a member of the Water Authority...
- Green Building Shows in the US – 2008 (pg2) 6/9/2008-6/11/2008 Chicago, IL NeoCon World’s Trade Fair 2008 www.mmart.com/neocon/index.html...
- Synthetic Grass Lawns Rebates, Cities offer Green to Go Green By Patricia Mayville-Cox In Arizona, many cities will pay residents...
- Artificial Grass Rebates, Cities Entice Residents to Go Green … PARKLAND, FL – Free hybrid-car parking. Cash rebates for installing...