|GeneralSports Venue Appoints Jim Prettyman Chief Operating Officer|
GeneralSports Venue (GSV), exclusive U.S. marketer of the AstroTurf brand of synthetic sports turf systems, today announced the appointment of Jim Prettyman as Chief Operating Officer. In this capacity Prettyman will be responsible for the full range of operating functions aimed at enhancing the company’s reputation as a premier supplier of turf products for the industry. Prettyman comes to this assignment with an extensive background in manufacturing, product and research development and customer service.
Prior to joining GSV, Prettyman served as Senior Vice President of R&D and Commercial Operations at Mohawk Industries. Prettyman started his career with the Dupont Company and held management and executive positions in DuPont’s Fiber Department including world-wide responsibility for carpet fiber operations.
“Jim has an incredibly valuable experience base that makes him a great addition to our team” said GSV CEO Jon Pritchett. “His leadership expertise, coupled with his extensive operations knowledge is an asset to our company as we continue to leverage our brand’s vertically integrated manufacturing assets to produce exceptional turf products for our markets.”
“GSV has an ingenious vision for the expansion of synthetic turf products under the AstroTurf name,” said Prettyman. “I look forward to working with the team in innovative ways to provide our customers the safest, most advanced synthetic turf systems available.”
The iconic AstroTurf® brand offers advanced, state-of-the-art, multi-sport and specialized synthetic turf systems with proprietary engineered technologies, leveraging the industry’s only vertically integrated manufacturing system. The relaunch of AstroTurf®, including the enlistment of football legend Archie Manning as ambassador for the brand, has positioned it again as the leading innovator in the synthetic turf industry, with a growing number of high schools, colleges, professional sports teams and municipalities selecting AstroTurf®-branded products for their premium quality, technical superiority and safety. AstroTurf® is a registered trademark of Textile Management Associates, Inc. To learn more, visit www.astroturfusa.com.
About GeneralSports Venue
Based in Michigan and with headquarters in Raleigh, N.C., and 23 regional offices throughout the U.S., GSV is a certified Minority Business Enterprise that offers a range of integrated services for sports venue owners, operators and developers. GSV’s professional services include project development, design, estimating, finance, revenue generation, program management and construction for sports venues. Aided by its sports turf division, GSV has been among the fastest-growing companies in the sports construction industry. GSV is the official supplier in the category of synthetic turf and related sports surfaces to U.S. Communities, a national purchasing alliance serving over 30,000 public agencies. To learn more, visit www.generalsportsvenue.
- Artificial Turf, General Conformity Certificates, the CPSA & CPSIA General Conformity Certificates (GCC) and the Artificial Turf & Synthetic...
- Artificial Turf Yarn Manufacturer to Partner with Synthetic Grass “Finished Goods” Manufacturer ================================= 4 February 2009, Almelo – TenCate intends to take...
- Why “Lead” in Today’s Artificial Turf Yarns Can’t Harm You – Video of NYC Press Conference 5-05-08 Astroturf and General Sports Venue (GSV), their exclusive distributor here...
- Artificial Grass Market Potential Sacramento, CA – ASGi: (www.asgi.us) The US carpet industry goes...
- CT Congresswoman and Atty General – CPSC Artificial Turf Evaluation Flawed CT Attorney General Calls Synthetic Turf Study Dangerously Deceptive, Urges...