Co-owners Yossi and Ronen Drory reach down to feel the artificial turf in front their business, Prestige Car Wash on Pearl Street in Brockton, MA
ASGi just spoke on the telephone with Ronen Drory, co-owner of the Prestige Car Wash who also owns the construction company that installed the artificial turf area (of over 6000 total square feet). The city wants to clean up (and “green up”) the downtown area and make it more beautiful, yet says the new artificial grass area isn’t the kind of “green” described in city ordinances that are not available for citizens to easy view online or in the public library. [ASGi]
October 16, 2008
Brockton, MA, Enterprise News: Elaine Allegrini: The grass outside Prestige Car Wash on Pearl Street is green, very green, but the city says it’s not green space.
“They told me to remove it,” owner Ronen Drory said Wednesday, standing on the artificial grass that separates his business from the road.
A city ordinance requires “green space” on every business property, the area — 10 percent or 25 percent — designated by zone.
Fake turf fits the bill, according to Drory, who said he invested $20,000 in the “grass.”
There’s nothing in the city ordinance that defines green space, he noted.
His “grass” covers more than the required 10 percent of his property. Still, Building Commissioner Joseph Vasapollo said the green covering does not comply with the city’s requirement and has called Drory to appear before the zoning board.
Original post at the Enterprise News.com
Elaine Allegrini can be reached at email@example.com.
- News from Green Technology Magazine News from Green Technology Magazine Power to the People! Berkeley’s...
- 2009 Green California Summit – Get your show booth now! May 2008 Dear Colleagues: The 2009 Green California Summit, which...
- 2 Artificial Grass Fields are added in Vancouver, BC Vancouver Sun – British Columbia, Canada BURNABY – Two new...
- Artificial Turf Ban in Fountain Hills California
Proposal to Cancel Ban to Be Reviewed FOUNTAIN VALLEY The city is taking steps toward water conservation...
- Green Valley Initiative – Inland Empire – Events Tuesday, April 22, 2008 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. GVI...