Are Any PRODUCTS
The Simple Answer is NO …
NO PRODUCT IS CERTIFIED LEED by the USGBC or anyone else.
NO Products – at all … Just People (accredited professionals) and Building Projects can be certified (or accredited) as LEED.
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) programs are the USGBC’s primary vehicle for promoting sustainable design and construction.
People become LEED ACCREDITED professionals, qualified to consult and advise on USGBC LEED Projects.
Buildings EARN LEED Ratings as they 1. specify 2.build and 3. apply USGBC – LEED building practices.
Points are given for several areas – artificial grass may fall into these 3 areas:
Recycled Content – Regionally Supplied Materials – Landscape Water Efficiencies
There are fees and both professionals and buildings are subject to inspection and are required to do reporting.
WHY DO ARTIFICIAL GRASS SOLUTIONS FIT INTO AN LEED BUILDING PROJECT AT ALL?
Because artificial grass is a WATER SAVINGS MEASURE (OR DEVICE)!
Saving water, reducing use of chemicals and small engines for grooming ALL help to make artificial grass an awesome solution to enhance a LEED project.
Want MORE on LEED and USGBC?
Public Pages: LEED explained and several articles describing LEED Building projects using artificial grass are located on the HOME PAGE:
[one project is a LEED GOLD Building built for the Humane Society in Northern California - another story features a business complex in Wyoming that used artificial grass in an atrium area]
More for ASGi Members:
AFTER LOGIN – members can explore LEED and USGBC programs, criteria, etc on our USGBC portal page at: http://www.asgi.us/usgbc
[TEXT Links are located on members HOME pages, inside the site] ======================================
WEBSITE MIS-INFORMATION … There are a couple of turf websites that say that their PRODUCTS are “LEED CERTIFIED” – if some one can point them out to me I’ll help with some outreach and education about the statements – can’t guarantee I can get them to pull the statements down …
Now – you know the proper way to express how artificial grass is LEED savvy!
- US Green Building Council’s – LEED Program & How It Works What is LEED? The Goals of the LEED Programs The...
- Milpitas Dog Park Goes for LEED GOLD – Sports Artificial Turf Play Yard for Dogs Humane Society Opens ‘Green’ Animal Community Center ARTIFICIAL GRASS IN...
- GOLD LEED Project Includes Synthetic Grass Lawn Areas In addition to being visitor-friendly, all employee-occupied spaces will have...
- Building Green Includes Artificial Grass Turf Building Green in California Entering New Era As the trend...
- Federal Agencies Do NOT Endorse Products Just a note to keep in mind when reviewing ADVERTISING...