Pet owners know – what goes in must come out – some time, some where!
Whether we have our pets trained for a special area or not – any surface needs attention regularly to keep it fresh and santitary.
No Exceptions! Artificial grass lawns, used by dogs as potty areas, need to be cleaned and benefit from a “treatment” program starting from day one!
There are several simple tips and some very inexpensive solutions you can use to achieve a fresh and clean area – even if your dog goes doo doo.
The nice thing is that new artificial grass styles are perfect for use with dogs! The fibers will not absorb any of the liquids or solids making them easy to clean, unlike indoor/outdoor carpeting.
Read More Here and get tips from professionals on grooming artificial grass surfaces used for dog yards!
You will want to get two handy tools for easy grooming!
Groom Industries has a great SHAG CARPET RAKE that is generally available at carpet stores, janitorial supplies or any where carpet is sold or maintained. We’ve tried some of the “knock off” brands and they just don’t hold up, over time. Your artificial grass will last for YEARS – invest in a good rake, and it will too!
Also – Get A Sprayer – something easy to use (gallon size) for easy application of any treatments!
Any NEW carpet might “shock” you with a bit of static – so – IF – you experience STATIC on your newly installed artificial grass – spray the surfaces with a 5 to 10% solution of WATER and Fabric Softener! It should go away immediately.
Any brand of fabric softener will coat the fibers with a non-foaming, no bubble solution and help to eliminate any possible static. You may wish to use “organic” or “natural” solutions, or any liquid softener you use, today. Apply the solution, generously, across the area – that’s it! IF it rains, within a day or two – and you experience any static – you may need to reapply it, once again.
Once the surfaces have been out in the open for a bit – dusts and other elements in the air will fall onto the surfaces and make the static go away, as well as simply wetting the surfaces down with water.
- Artificial Grass: Beating the Heat – Safety Tips for Installers Health and Heat Safety Meeting Topic: OSHA – HEAT RELATED...
- Artificial Grass and Doggy Daycare Doggie day-care centers began springing up nearly a decade ago,...
- 50,000 SF Artificial Grass Play Area for Dogs Opens in Dallas Huge Indoor Dog Park Pampers Your Pooch by Wade Goodwyn...
- Artificial Turf Lawns, How Long WILL Yours Last? Three things will generally determine HOW LONG an artificial grass...
- Milpitas Dog Park Goes for LEED GOLD – Sports Artificial Turf Play Yard for Dogs Humane Society Opens ‘Green’ Animal Community Center ARTIFICIAL GRASS IN...