Calif Legislation – AB.1793
A Game Changer for HOA Restrictions on the Use of Artificial Turf Grass Lawns
Sacramento, CA| Last week, April 14th, ASGi was invited, by the offices of Assembly Member Lori Saldana, to attend the California Assembly Housing Committee meeting and sit as an invited expert witness as AB.1793 was presented by Ms Saldana and the committee requested comments from the public and committee members.
The bill was passed the Housing Committee with bi-partisan support which included the addition of an amendment that provided for the HOA or community association to define their own design guidelines for the use of artificial grass and was passed onto the main Assembly floor for vote.
AB.1793 then moved onto the Assembly floor where it PASSED the Assembly vote, April 22, 2010 and will move on to the Senate for legal review, and then on to the floor for review and vote.
Thank you, to all who participated in signing our letter of support from the industry and the ASGi membership on AB.1793! Copy of letter here: Artificial Grass Lawn Turf and HOA AB.1793 Letter
ASGi built a GREAT PDF Guideline you can FREELY give to your HOA or community association – it was built with California Landscape Model Use Ordinances in mind, in conjunction with permeable water specifications requested by the water districts (MWDOC, MWD, et al) and several HOA architectural review committees that wanted a simple guide to pass along to their home owners – great shopping guide, etc
It’s been the foundation of several AZ & SoCalif city use ordinances, as well – let us know where else we can help!
Download your own PDF here:
PPS: Thank you, as always, to our member-at-large
that keeps us in front of the latest legislation in CA!
Keep track of this yourself at:
AB 1793: Summary
Provides for creation and regulation of common interest developments.
Provides for use of low-water-using plants as a group with a local
water-efficient landscaper ordinance or water conservation measure.
Provides that a provision governing documents of a common interest
development would be void and unenforceable if it prohibits the use of
artificial turf or any other synthetic surface that resembles grass.
Provides that the association can use rules and regulations in existing
In ASSEMBLY. Read third time. Passed ASSEMBLY. *****To SENATE.
- California Sen Maldonado Synthetic Turf Bill Passes Senate Our legislative contributor sent this notice along: ——————————— 05/12/2008 In...
- Proposed Bill By Assemblymember Blumenfield, Sponsored by Metropolitan Water District Could Provide Low Cost Loans for Synthetic Turf and Artificial Grass! HELP SUPPORT THIS IMPORTANT LEGISLATION TO HELP STIMULATE THE USE...
- Senate Passes Legislation to Ban Lead in Toys By CONRAD WILSON, Star Tribune original post: Last update: March...
- Garden Grove California moves to lift ban on artificial grass The council voted unanimously Tuesday night to start looking at...
- California Bill Supports Artificial Grass and Synthetic Turf Efforts to promote water savings to encourage Californians to help...